Welcome to our new home.
Belmont Behavioral Health System has been a trusted source of superior service for more than 75 years. To ensure that we are best prepared to provide the highest quality of care to individuals and families in the Philadelphia area for decades to come, we have moved into a brand-new building.
This six-story, state-of-the-art hospital has 252 patient beds and an array of beneficial features and amenities designed with comfort and healing in mind.
We paid thoughtful attention to how we can bring as many comforts from home as possible to the children, adolescents, adults, and seniors in our programs. Throughout every phase of the design and construction process, we focused on making sure that our new hospital is a safe and welcoming environment for patients, staff, families, and visitors.
Features of our new hospital include:
- Patient rooms feature hardwood floors; are painted in warm, soothing colors; and let in plenty of natural light.
- The hospital contains specially designed sensory rooms that provide an oasis of serenity for patients who are experiencing moments of crisis.
- Each unit incorporates multiple safety components, such as improved sight lines so that staff members are better able to monitor patients at all times.
- Our grounds feature two healing gardens, one for adults and seniors and one for children and adolescents.
The new building also expands access to care at Belmont Behavioral Health System. Our previous building had a maximum capacity of 180 patients, while our new facility can treat an additional 72 people at a time.
This allows us to add several specialty programs to the extensive services we currently offer:
- An electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)/transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) suite
- New Oaks Academy on-site private school for children and adolescents opening fall 2021
- A program that provides behavioral health treatment for emerging adults launching in late 2021
- Specialized Treatment for Autism and Related (STAR) Disorders Program for children ages 9-13 launching in late 2021
The construction of a new hospital is just the latest in a series of initiatives we’ve undertaken to support those who turn to us in their time of need. In recent years, we’ve opened a new outpatient building, developed a crisis response center, and added a 24-bed children’s unit.
In the decades since Belmont Behavioral Health System accepted its first patient, we’re proud to have played a leading role in the ongoing effort to improve the scope and quality of services that are available to people of all ages whose lives have been disrupted by mental health disorders and behavioral health concerns.
Our new hospital is the culmination of years of planning. It reflects decades of clinical advancements and best practices. And most importantly, it allows Belmont Behavioral Health System to continue to provide the highest quality of care to the Philadelphia community.
In the News
- Philadelphia Business Journal – “First look: Inside the new $125M Belmont Hospital in Philadelphia, set to open this month“
- WHYY – “Construction begins on new Belmont Behavioral’s new psych hospital“